The goal of workplace wellness programs is to improve employee health.
According to a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services report, it’s more cost-effective to invest in preventive health practices such as workplace wellness programs, than spending resources exclusively on the small minority of employees who are responsible for high-cost health claims. It is estimated that companies that implement an employee wellness program can reduce the likelihood of employee heart attacks and strokes.
At Bridgeport, workplace wellness programs include organizational policies designed to facilitate employee health including:
- Offering financial and other incentives for participation
- Offering healthy food options in vending machines
- Providing on-site kitchen and eating areas
- Allowing flex time for exercise
- Holding “walk and talk” meetings
- Plus many other options
Let Bridgeport help you create a “culture of health” at your business. Contact us right away for more information!